2022 has flown by and that means it is time for hide.me vpn’s Annual Transparency report! In our transparency report, you can find out the requests for information we got from various sources throughout 2022. Let’s take a look.
Background on our Transparency Report
We have been publishing an annual transparency report since 2016, with our data spanning back to 2013.
We think that being open in this way is important in fostering trust from our users. And we are more than happy to share this info with you. Just a reminder, we don’t store any logs, so even though we respond to every request, we have no data to hand over.
Let’s take a look at the 2022 Transparency report.
The types of requests we receive
In this transparency report there are three different types of data requests that we receive, these are:
- Illegal activities – This covers the use of our vpn being used for things such as botnets, DDoS, and scams.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) – This category is about the transmission of copyrighted materials such as movies, TV shows, and music.
- Law enforcement & police requests – These are requests for data specifically from law enforcement and police around the world.
For the record hide.me vpn does NOT provide a service for the commission of criminal acts and illegal activities. It is a direct violation of our Terms of Service and we are firmly against such practices.
This is a truncated version of our transparency report showing only data from this year. If you would like to see the full report, you can find it here.
This category represents complaints that are made regarding illegal activities originating from a hide.me vpn IP address. ‘Illegal activities’ includes things such as DDoS attacks, botnets, scams, and spam.
We would like to point out that we do act and reply to every request. But, as we don’t store any logs, we have no data to present when requested.
- Q1 of 2022 – 10 requests received
- Q2 of 2022 – 4 requests received
- Q3 of 2022 – 1 request received
- Q4 of 2022 – 1 request received
- Total number of requests received – 16
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
The figures below show the number of DMCA complaints we received in 2021. DMCA complaints normally pertain to our vpn being used for things like the torrenting, sharing, or streaming of copyrighted materials (movies, TV Shows, music etc.).
- Q1 of 2022 – 433 requests received
- Q2 of 2022 – 4455 requests received
- Q3 of 2022 – 6496 requests received
- Q4 of 2022 – 16148 requests received
- Total number of requests received – 27532
Law enforcement & police requests
These figures show the number of times hide.me vpn received requests for data from law enforcement and police from around the world in 2022. We don’t store any data, so whilst we do respond to every request made, we have nothing to hand over.
- Q1 of 2022 – 0 requests received
- Q2 of 2022 – 1 request received
- Q3 of 2022 – 2 requests received
- Q4 of 2022 – 7 requests received
- Total number of requests received – 10
Zero-logs, no exceptions
We love bringing you this content and hope it helps keep you safe and secure online. Feel free to share it with your friends, too.
Here at hide.me we are all about internet freedom, and we are happy to be in a position to bring that to everyone. That is why we give you a 30-day money-back guarantee on our Premium plan. No questions asked and no logs recorded.
Get hide.me vpn!
If you have any questions, please feel to contact our 24/7 support team either at email@example.com or via live chat.